Turtle Sponsorship Program
Australian Seabird Rescue Inc (ASR) / Ballina Byron Sea Turtle Hospital makes sponsoring a turtle an amazing, personalised experience that is unique, informative and educational. The best part of all about sponsoring a turtle is knowing that you are helping to make the care, rehabilitation and ultimately the release of vulnerable and endangered sea turtles back to their ocean home as soon as possible.
The majority of our patients in our care are Green Sea Turtles (Vulnerable) but we do also get the Hawksbill sea turtles (critically endangered) and sometimes the huge laying Loggerheads (Endangered). Most of our turtles who come into care are juveniles in the weight range of 8-12 kg. However, we have also had large, adult turtles come into our care on occassions. The length of time a turtle remains in care is variable and unique to the individual turtle and their needs.
Sponsoring a turtle assists with cost of food, medications and other consumables that are involved in a turtle’s care whilst in rehabilitation.
The Turtle Sponsorship Program involves a commitment of sponsorship for a period of 3 months at a cost of $200 per month (total contribution of $600 over the three month period of sponsorship). Alternatively, a sponsorship package can be negotiated to meet your individual needs.
The turtle sponsorship program is perfect for individuals, businesses, fundraising projects or groups of family members or friends who come together to sponsor an individual turtle’s care and rehabilitation.
Sponsors will receive the following:
- Receive a Certificate of Sponsorship
- Receive a brief history of their sponsored turtles admission details including date rescued, general location, presenting problems etc
- Photos of their sponsored turtle
- Receive a monthly update / progress report about their sponsored turtle
- Have the opportunity to visit the hospital to meet their sponsored turtle to hear about their story and their progress with rehabilitation (via appointment only)
- Be invited to the release of their sponsored turtle
- Have their name and sponsorship recognised on this website (below)
- Receive digital recognition (logos indicating that they have sponsored a turtle (for use on email signatures, websites, letter footers etc)
We have a dedicated sponsorship coordinator to help you with your enquiries. Please get in touch today if you are interested in sponsoring a turtle or have any queries.
Phone: 0497 268 883
We value all our sponsors and strive to make sponsorship a personalised experience. Enquire now as we have multiple turtles available for sponsorship.
Thank you in advance for your kindness, support and generosity,
The entire team at ASR
Current and Past Turtle Sponsors (our turtle family)
Sara Hodges (Cremin) & Family
Sherrin and Barbara Hibbard
Kim Burgess and Susan Ferguson (Repeat Sponsor)
Steve and Jo Carrigg
Laura, Ivy & Edie Taylor
Friends of Sappho (C/O Mary Sims)
Jackson Connellan & Tom Snellgrove
Petek Denizli & Mureed Taki
Page Updated: 10th October 2021